DawsonEra provides a growing number of eBooks. To read DawsonEra books you have to login with your LUT User Account.
To preview ebooks not owned by Lappeenranta Academic Library tick 'Include ebooks available to preview'. You can preview titles not owned for five minutes.
Notice that you can download DawsonEra e-books and read them offline during your loan period.
Authorized user is an individual who at the time of his/her use of the licenced material is authorised by the licensee to access the secure network via secure authentication and who is affiliated to the licencee as a current student (undergraduates and postgraduates), member of staff (whether on a permanent or temporary basis), contractor of the licencee, or through memebership of a professional body.
A walk-in user is also deemed to be an authorised user but only for the time he or she is within the premises of the licensee.
The licensee may allow authorised users to:
- access the licensed material via the secure network in order to search, retrieve, display and view the lisenced materials
- electronically save items taken from the licensed material (subject to the use of valid access credits)
- copy and paste at least 5 % and print at least 5 % of any item taken from the licensed material (copy and print allowances are dependent on the publisher)
- publicly display or publicly perform parts of the licensed materials as part of a presentation at a seminar, conference, or workshop, or other such similar activity, provided that no such presentation includes substantially the whole of the item
- make such copies of training material and network such training material as may be required for the purpose of using the licensed material in accordance with this licence agreement.
The authorised users may not:
- Sell or re-sell or permit others to sell or re-sell the Licensed Material without our prior written consent;
- Remove, obscure or modify copyright notices, acknowledging text or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear;
- alter, adapt, convert or modify the Licensed Material or the format in which it is provided, or make any attempt to do the same, (including, but not limited to, undertaking any act which alters or circumvents (or has the effect of altering or circumventing) any digital rights management protocols applied to the Licensed Material) except where necessary to comply with any applicable law;
- Display or distribute any part of the Licensed Material on any electronic network (including the internet) or any other distribution media;
- Systematically make print or electronic copies of multiple extracts of the Licensed Material for any purpose other than as explicitly permitted by us in writing;
- Publish, distribute or make available any of the Licensed Material or works based on the Licensed Material or works which combine it with any other material, other than as permitted by us in writing.
Remote access allowed through the Institution's secure network.