The guide gives you information how to link the library e-resourses to part of your teaching materials.
Licensed e-resourses require a log in by LUT´s or SUAS´ Haka-user account (user id and password). Finna-search brings also open access articles and e-books to the search result.
The contents of all e-material are not available through the Finna search. A direct link to the database's own interface can be found on the main page of the Finna, unsing "Databases" link.
When using the link found in Finna in your teaching material:
- The student is always directed to this page from where he can continue to use the materials by himself.
- The material can be accessed from anywhere, as Finna guides the user to log in.
- The Academic Library manages the links in Finna: you do not have to worry about whether the links work or not.
- The student sees the database description and the possible restrictions of use.
- Many publishers do not allow, for example, the direct storage and sharing of PDFs through the course pages or the teaching portal, so you do not have to worry about the materials you downloaded.
- The library receives statistics of e-material use and can base acquisitions on the usage statistics.