The Academic Library orders e-journals directly and via FinELib-consortium for the students and the staff members of LUT University, Saimaa UAS and Lahti UAS.
Use Finna´s basic search to find journal titles.
E-resources differ by organisation; LUT Finna, Saimia Finna and Masto-Finna have different content.
You can collect a list of articles, books, and databases in LUT and Saimia Finna for your students.
1. Save references to favourites and to the list of your choice.
2. Make your list public to get a link address for your list.
3. Share the link with your students e.g. in web page or via e-mail.
More information about the lists in Finna, topic Favourites.
1) Search the e-journal from your organisation´s Finna by the title of the journal or by ISSN-number.
2) Open the record file by clicking the journal´s title from the search result list. Copy the web address from the browser and paste it to your course materials.
For example: https://wilma.finna.fi/saimia/Record/nelli10.1000000000280427
3) Instruct the students to open the article from the link seen on the record file: from E-article or from one of the publishers´ link; test the link that it really works correctly. Available volumes differ by publisher/database.
4) The link takes the student to the Finna and to the journal via Haka-login.
When using the link found in Finna in your teaching material:
- The student is always directed to this page from where he can continue to use the materials by himself.
- The material can be accessed from anywhere, as Finna guides the user to log in.
- The Academic Library manages the links in Finna: you do not have to worry about whether the links work or not.
- The student sees the database description and the possible restrictions of use.
- Many publishers do not allow, for example, the direct storage and sharing of PDFs through the course pages or the teaching portal, so you do not have to worry about the materials you downloaded.
- The library receives statistics of e-material use and can base acquisitions on the usage statistics.