Welcome to the information retrieval guide, this guide will help you become a savvy online searcher and a critical thinker. The guide will help you with the entire information retrieval process from planning your searches to evaluating results and citing information.
Information retrieval skills are a vital part of information literacy which also refers to your ability to manage and critically evaluate information. Our aim is to ensure that all graduating students have good information retrieval skills required for information literacy, which entails that you:
- recognize the importance of information management in inquiry-based learning
- access the needed information exploring effective strategies and tools
- evaluate information sources critically
- use information ethically and abide by the copyright and licences
- identify and engage in scholarly and professional conversation to produce and distribute information
At an information skills guidance session you will receive personal guidance in information seeking, help in finding and using the databases most relevant to your study subject and help with referencing. The duration of the session is approx. 30 minutes.
You can book a tailored clinic session by using our online form.