The IEEE/IEE Electronic Library provides electrical engineering and computer science literature, granting access to publications from
- the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- the Institution of Electrical Engineers (IEE).
Full-text access to IEEE transactions, journals, magazines and conference proceedings published since 1988 plus select content back to 1950, and all current IEEE Standards.
Authorized Users are current members of the faculty, researchers and staff of the Licensee and students at the Licensee's institution.
Walk-in Users are persons who are permitted to access the Licensed Products within the Licensee Premises.
The Licensed Products are permitted to be used for Educational purposes only. Licensee and Authorized Users may:
- Access, search, browse and view the Licensed Products
- Download and print individual Articles for Authorized Users
- Save a reasonable amount of Articles to electronic media Educational purposes as long as it does not contradict with the restrictions set below
- Distribute Articles in print and electronic form to other Authorized Users. This shall include the distribution of a copy for teaching purposes to each individual student Authorized User taking part in a course at the Licensee institution. Licensee and Authorized Users may make a reasonable number of photocopies of a printed Article.
- Distribute single copies of parts (not including the entire PDF/article) of the Licensed Products in print or electronic form including email to third parties outside the Licensee for the purposes of scientific research and communication or to be used for the basis of discussion groups. Sharing with non-authorised users shall be incidental and not for re-transmission.
- Incorporate Articles in printed and electronic course packs, study packs, resource lists and in any other material (including but not limited to multi-media works) to be used in the course of instruction and/or in virtual and managed environments hosted on a secure network. Each item shall carry appropriate acknowledgement of the source, listing title and copyright owner. Course packs in nonelectronic non-print perceptible form, such as Braille, may also be offered to Authorized Users who, in the reasonable opinion of the Licensee, are reading impaired
- Each Licensee's premises can post a reasonable amount of Articles in PDF format contained in the Licensed Products for the purposes of electronic course reserve on Licensee's secure website. All single PDFs posted on their secure website must be removed within ninety (90) days after the course has been completed
- Publicly display or publicly perform parts of the Licensed Products as part of a presentation in a class, at a seminar, conference, or workshop, or other such similar activity.
- Reading impaired Authorized Users may use Braille displays, voice synthesizers and other devices to enable use of the Licensed Products.
- Download, reproduce, retain or redistribute the Licensed Products or any journal or issue of a journal in the Licensed Products in any substantial or systematic manner, including but not limited to, accessing the Licensed Products, for purposes other than text and data mining, through the use of a robot, spider, crawler, screen scrapper or other similar technological device;
- Electronically distribute, via e-mail or otherwise, any Article;
- Abridge, modify, translate or create any derivative work based upon the Licensed Products without
the prior written consent of IEEE;
- Display or otherwise make available any information from the Licensed Products to anyone other than Authorized Users;
- except as required by law, sell, resell, rent, lease, license, sublicense, assign or otherwise transfer any rights granted in Section 3, including, but not limited to, use of the Licensed Products for document delivery, fee-for-service use or any other substantially similar commercial purpose. For the avoidance of doubt, neither recovery of direct costs or costs required by law by the Licensee from Authorized Users or from the receiving library in the case of Inter Library Loan, use by the Licensee or by an Authorized User of the Licensed Products in fee based educational programs or in the course of research funded by a commercial organization, nor use of the Licensed Products as a source for or quoting from Authorized Users’ own scientific, scholarly or educational works including but not limited to Articles and books are deemed to constitute a commercial purpose, or
- Remove, obscure or modify in any way copyright notices, other notices or disclaimers that appear on Articles or in the Licensed Products.
Authorised users are allowed remote access to the Licensed Material by logging into the secure network of a consortium member organization.