Authorised Users are:
- current members of the faculty and other staff of the Licensee (whether on a permanent, temporary, contract or visiting basis)
- individuals who are currently studying at the Licensee’s institution
Walk-in Users are persons who are not Authorised Users but who are permitted to access the Secure Network from computer terminals within the Licensee’s physical Premises.
The Licensed Material may be used for Educational purposes (for the purpose of education, teaching, distance learning, private study and/or research).
Authorised Users and Walk-in-Users may:
- Search, download, view, retrieve and display the Licensed Material
- Electronically save copies of parts of the Licensed Material.
- Print off single copies of parts of Licensed Material.
- Make a reasonable number of photocopies of parts of the Licensed Material.
- Distribute single copies of parts of the Licensed Material in print or electronic form to other Authorised and Walk-in-Users. This sub-clause shall include the distribution of a copy for teaching purposes to each individual student Authorised User in a class at the Licensee’s institution.
- Distribute single copies of parts of the Licensed Material in print or electronic form to third party colleagues for the purposes of scientific research and communication or to be used for the basis of discussion groups.
- Publicly display or publicly perform parts of the Licensed Material as part of a presentation at a seminar, conference, or workshop, or other such similar activityprovided that such activity is not conducted for monetary profit or other commercial use and it recognises the author.
Authorised Users may:
- Incorporate parts of the Licensed Material in printed and electronic course packs, study packs, resource lists and in any other material (including but not limited to multi-media works) to be used in the course of instruction and/or in virtual and managed environments hosted on a Secure Network. Each item shall carry appropriate acknowledgement of the source, listing title and copyright owner. Course packs in non-electronic non-print perceptible form, such as Braille, may also be offered to Authorised Users who are visually impaired.
The Licensee, Authorised Users or Walk-In-Users may not:
- Remove or alter the authors' names or the Licensor's copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the Licensed Material.
- Systematically make printed or electronic copies of multiple extracts of the Licensed Material, save as permitted elsewhere in this Agreement.
- Provide, by electronic means, to a user at another library or elsewhere, a retained electronic copy of any part of the Licensed Material, save as permitted elsewhere in this Agreement.
- Display or distribute any part of the Licensed Material on any electronic network, including without limitation the Internet and the World Wide Web, other than a Secure Network save as provided elsewhere in this agreement.
- Permit anyone other than Authorised or Walk-In-Users to access or use the Licensed Material, save as permitted elsewhere in this Agreement.
- Use the whole or any part of the Licensed Material for any Commercial Use or any other purpose than Educational use. (Commercial use means for the purposes of monetary reward by means of the sale, resale, loan, transfer, hire or other form of exploitation of the Licensed Material). Use of the Licensed Material in the course of research funded by a commercial organization, is not deemed to constitute Commercial Use.
- Publish, distribute or make available the Licensed Material, works based on the Licensed Material or works which combine it with any other material, save as permitted in this Agreement.
- Alter, abridge, adapt or modify the Licensed Material, except to the extent necessary to make it perceptible on a computer screen, to Authorised and Walk-in Users save as permitted in this agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, no alteration of the words or their order is permitted.
Remote access is permitted for Authorized Users via the Licensee institution's secure network.