Access to over 42,000 peer-viewed full text articles from 100 Emerald's international management portfolio, complete with full text archives back to 1994. Subject coverage spans a spectrum of management disciplines including: strategy; leadership; library and information management; marketing and human resource management; plus a substantial number of engineering, applied science and technology titles
Authorized Users: faculty and other staff members (also retired), students.
Walk-in-Users: members of the public who are permitted to access the Licensed Material within the Licensee’s physical premises.
Authorised Users and Walk-in-Users may:
- Search, download, view, retrieve and display the Licensed Material
- Electronically save copies of parts of the Licensed Material.
- Print off single copies of parts of Licensed Material.
- Make a reasonable number of photocopies of parts of the Licensed Material for Educational purposes.
- Distribute single copies of parts of the Licensed Material in print or electronic form to other Authorised and Walk-in-Users. This sub-clause shall include the distribution of a copy for teaching purposes to each individual student Authorised User in a class at the Licensee’s institution.
Authorised Users may:
- Incorporate parts of the Licensed Material in printed and electronic course packs, study packs, resource lists and in any other material (including but not limited to multi-media works) to be used in the course of instruction and/or in virtual and managed environments (including but not limited to virtual learning environments, managed learning environments, virtual research environments and library environments) hosted on a Secure Network. Each item shall carry appropriate acknowledgement of the source, listing title and copyright owner. Course packs in non-electronic non-print perceptible form, such as Braille, may also be offered to Authorised Users who, in the reasonable opinion of the Licensee, are reading impaired.
- Distribute single copies of parts of the Licensed Material in print or electronic form to third party colleagues for the purposes of scientific research and communication or to be used for the basis of discussion groups.
- Publicly display or publicly perform a reasonable part of the Licensed Material as part of a presentation at a seminar, conference, or workshop, or other such similar activity.
- Authors affiliated with a Licensee whose work (Work) is accepted for publication within the Licensed Materials are permitted to upon official publication of their Work, deposit the pre-print or post-print version of their Work on their personal webpages or in their employer Licensee’s institutional repository, national repository or a non-commercial subject repository. Authors may not deposit the Version of Record, that is, the Emerald-branded pdf version of their Work; and the visible metadata for any Works deposited must include the Digital Object Identifier to the original Work on www.emeraldinsight.com
- Use the Licensed Material for data/text mining purposes (the Licensor must be informed of the intention to data/text mine).
The Licensee, Authorised Users or Walk-In-Users may not
- Remove or alter the authors’ names or the Publisher’s copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the Licensed Material.
-Systematically make printed or electronic copies of multiple extracts of the Licensed Material, save as permitted elsewhere in this Agreement.
- Provide, by electronic means, to a user at another library or elsewhere, a retained electronic copy of any part of the Licensed Material, save as permitted elsewhere in this Agreement.
- Display or distribute any part of the Licensed Material on any electronic network, including without limitation the Internet and the World Wide Web, other than a Secure Network save as provided elsewhere in this agreement.
- Permit anyone other than Authorised or Walk-In-Users to access or use the Licensed Material, save as permitted elsewhere in this Agreement.
The Publisher’s explicit written permission must be obtained in order to:
- Use the whole or any part of the Licensed Material for any Commercial Use.
- Publish, distribute or make available the Licensed Material, works based on the Licensed Material or works which combine it with any other material, save as permitted in this Agreement.
- Alter, abridge, adapt or modify the Licensed Material, except to the extent necessary to make it perceptible on a computer screen, to Authorised and Walk-in Users save as permitted in this agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, no alteration of the words or their order is permitted.
Remote access is permitted for Authorized Users via the Licensee institution's secure network.