SAGE Research Methods Online includes books, reference works, journal articles and videos on the field scientific research methods.
Current and retired members of faculty and staff of the subscribing organisation (incl. permanent, temporary, contract or visiting staff and faculty), and individuals currently studying at the organisation, who are permitted to access the secure network and who have been issued with a password or other authentication.
Walk-in-users who are not authorized users but who are permitted to access the secure network from computer terminals within the physical premises of the library.
Authorized and walk-in-users may:
- search, download, view, retrieve and display the material
- electronically save (no more than five electronic devices at any one time) or print off single copies of parts of the material
- distribute single copies of parts of the material in print or electronic form to third parties outside the consortium for the purposes of scientific research and communication
- publicly display or perform parts of the material as part of a presentation at a seminar, conference, workshop, or other similar activity
In addition, authorized users may:
- distribute parts of the material in print or electronic form to other authorized users, incl. the distribution of a copy for teaching purposes to each individual student authorized user taking part in a course at the member organisation
- incorporate parts of the material in printed or electronic form in academic works, incl. reproductions of the works for personal use and library deposit or to sponsors of said work. Each item shall carry appropriate acknowledgement of the source, listing title and copyright owner.
- incorporate parts of the material in printed and electronic course packs to be used in the course of instruction and/or in virtual and managed environments hosted on a secure network. Each item shall carry appropriate acknowledgement of the source, listing title and copyright owner.
- course packs in non-electronic non-print perceptible form, such as Braille, may also be offered to visually impaired authorized users.
- deposit the learning and teaching objects in electronic repositories operated by the member on a Secure Network. The access and use of such learning and teaching objects shall be governed by the terms and conditions of the applicable repository.
The member organisation, authorized users or walk-in users may not:
- use the whole or any part of the material for any commercial use or any purpose other than educational use
- systematically make printed or electronic copies of multiple extracts of the material
- display or distribute any part of the material on any electronic network, other than a secure network
- remove or alter the authors' names or copyright notices or disclaimers as they appear in the material
- publish, distribute or make available the material, works based on the material or works which combine it with any other material
- alter, abridge, adapt or modify the material, except to the extent necessary to make it perceptible on a computer screen. No alteration of the words or their order is permitted.
Authorized users are allowed remote access to the material via a secure network.