Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Aluminium Industry Abstracts
ANTE: Abstracts in New Technologies and Engineering
ASFA Marine Biotechnology Abstracts
Biotechnology & BioEngineering Abstracts
Biotechnology Research Abstracts
Ceramic Abstracts/World Ceramics Abstracts
Civil Engineering Abstracts
Computer and Information Systems Abstracts
Conference Papers Index
Copper Technical Reference Library
Earthquake Engineering Abstracts
Electronics and Communications Abstracts
Engineered Materials Abstracts
Engineering Research Database
Environmental Engineering Abstracts
Materials Business File
Materials Research Database with METADEX
Mechanical & Transportation Engineering Abstracts
Solid State and Superconductivity Abstracts
- Academic organisations and other schools: Current members of the faculty and other staff of the Licensee (whether on a permanent, temporary or visiting basis) and students at the Licensee's institution.
- Public libraries: library staff; library card holders who are citizens of or are domiciled in Finland; exchange students or other individuals during the period they reside in Finland.
- Other consortium member organisations: Current members of the staff of the Licensee whether on a permanent, temporary or visiting basis.
Walk-in Users means Persons who are not Authorised Users but who are permitted to access the Secure Network from computer terminals within the Licensee's premises.
Authorised and Walk-in Users may use the Products solely for the purpose of education, teaching, distance learning, private study, scientific or other research (Educational purposes) but not for Commercial Use.
Authorised and Walk-in Users may:
- Display. Licensee and Authorized and Walk-in Users shall have the right to electronically search and display the Materials on computer screens.
- Digitally Copy. Licensee and Authorized and Walk-in Users may download and digitally store a reasonable portion of the Materials subject to Finnish Copyright law.
- Print Copy. Licensee and Authorized and Walk-in Users may print a reasonable portion of the Materials subject to Finnish Copyright law.
- use, with appropriate credit , figures, tables and brief excerpts from the Materials in their own scientific, scholarly and educational works
Authorised users may:
- incorporate parts of the Materials in printed or electronic course packs for the use of Authorised Users in the course of instruction. Each such item shall carry appropriate acknowledgement of the source, listing title and author of extract, title and author of work, and publisher. Course packs in non-electronic non-print perceptible form, such as audio or Braille, may also be offered to Authorised Users who, in the reasonable opinion of the Licensee, are visually impaired.
- provide single printed or electronic copies of parts of the Materials to other Authorised and walk-in-Users . This shall include the distribution of a copy for teaching purposes to each individual student Authorised User taking part in a course at the Licensee's institution.
- transmit to a third party colleague in hard copy or electronically, minimal, insubstantial amounts of the Materials for Educational purposes but in no case for re-sale.
- display, download, save electronically, print and distribute (also on the Licensee's public website) ProQuest's trademarks, logos and screenshots and insubstantial parts of the Materials from the Products for the purpose of internal marketing or testing or for training Authorised and Walk-in-Users.
Neither Authorised nor Walk-in Users may:
- remove or alter the authors' names or the Publisher's copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the Materials
- systematically make print or electronic copies of multiple extracts of the Materials for any purpose save as provided in this agreement.
- mount or distribute any part of the Materials on any electronic network, including the Internet and the World Wide Web, other than the Secure Network, save as provided in this Agreement.
ProQuest's explicit written permission must be obtained in order to:
- use the whole or any part of the Materials for any Commercial Use; for avoidance of doubt, for example use by the Licensee or by Authorised or Walk-In-Users of the Materials in the course of research performed under the auspices of academic organization, other schools or other Consortium member even if funded by a commercial organisation, is not deemed to constitute Commercial Use;
- systematically distribute the whole or any part of the Materials to anyone other than Authorised and Walk-in Users;
- publish, distribute or make available the Material, works based on the Materials or works which combine them with any other material, save as provided in this Agreement;
- alter, abridge, adapt or modify the Materials, except to the extent necessary to make them perceptible on a computer screen to Authorised and Walk-in-Users and save as provided in this Agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, no alteration of the words or their order is permitted.
- For the avoidance of doubt, downloading of all or parts of the Products in a systematic or regular manner so as to create a collection of materials comprising all or part of the Products is strictly prohibited whether or not such collection is in electronic or print form, save as provided in 1e CoursePacks.
Authorized Users are permitted to access the Secure Network from within the premises of the Licensee and from such other places where Authorized Users work or study, including without limitation halls of residence and lodgings and homes of Authorized Users, and who have been issued by the Licensee with a password or other authentication.