Scientific journals (nearly 2 000) in the fields of sciences, medicine, econimics and social sciences.
Authorized Users: faculty and other staff members (also retired), students
Walk-in-Users: members of the public who are permitted to access the Licensed Material within the Licensee’s physical premises.
Use of the Licensed Material is permitted for educational purposes: for the purpose of education, teaching, distance learning, private study and/or research.
Authorized and Walk-in-Users may
- Search, download, view, retrieve and display the Licensed Material
- Electronically save copies of parts of the Licensed Material.
- Print off single copies of parts of Licensed Material.
- Distribute parts of the Licensed Material in print or electronic form to other Authorised and Walk-in-Users. This sub-clause shall include the distribution of a copy for teaching purposes to each individual student Authorised User in a class at the Licensee’s institution.
- Distribute single copies of parts of the Licensed Material in print or electronic form including email to third parties outside the Licensee for the purposes of scientific research and communication or to be used for the basis of discussion groups and for patent or regulatory authority submissions. This sharing must be incidental and non-systematic.
- Publicly display or publicly perform parts of the Licensed Material as part of a presentation at a seminar, conference, or workshop, or other such similar activity..
Authorized users may
- Incorporate parts of the Licensed Material in printed and electronic course packs, study packs, resource lists and in any other material (including but not limited to multi-media works) to be used in the course of instruction and/or in virtual and managed environments (including but not limited to virtual research environments and library environments) hosted on a Secure Network. Each item shall carry appropriate acknowledgement of the source, listing title and copyright owner. Course packs in non-electronic non-print perceptible form, such as Braille, may also be offered to Authorised Users who are reading impaired.
- Use the Licensed Material to perform and engage in textmining activities for Educational Purposes only after specific permission is granted by the Licensor for each instance or project.
- Save and/or deposit in perpetuity parts of the Licensed Material of which they are the authors on any network including networks open to the public and to communicate to the public such parts via any electronic network, including without limitation the Internet and the World Wide Web, and any other distribution medium now in existence or hereinafter created only 12 months after publication of the article. This 12 month embargo does not apply to posting on the author's personal website. The author may not use the Licensor's PDF version which is posted on www.springerlink.com for the purpose of self-archiving. Furthermore, the author may only post his/her version provided acknowledgement is given to the original source of publication and a link is inserted to the published article on Springer's website. The link must be accompanied by the following text: "The original publication is available at www.springerlink.com."
- systematically make printed or electronic copies of multiple extracts of the Licensed Material save as permitted in this Agreement.
- the use of routines designed to continuously and automatically search and index the SpringerLink website (full text and meta data), such as web-crawling or spider programs unless specific permission is granted by the Licensor for each instance or project.
- use the whole or any part of the Licensed Material for any Commercial Use or any purpose other than Educational Use.
- remove or alter the authors’ names or the Licensor’s copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the Licensed Material.
- publish, distribute or make available the Licensed Material, works based on the Licensed Material or works which combine it with any other material, save as permitted in this Agreement
- alter, abridge, adapt or modify the Licensed Material, except to the extent necessary to make it perceptible on a computer screen, to Authorised and Walk-in Users or as otherwise permitted in this agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, no alteration of the words or their order is permitted.
- Display or distribute any part of the Licensed Material on any electronic network, including without limitation the Internet and the World Wide Web, other than a Secure Network save as permitted in this Agreement.
Remote access is permitted for Authorized Users via the Licensee institution's secure network.