The licensed material may be used by authorized users of the subscribing organization (Member):
The material may be used for the Educational purposes (for the purpose of education, teaching, distance learning, private study, retrieving information and/or research).
Authorized users may:
- browse and search
- print and/or save electronically individual articles and other individual items from searches for Educational Purposes
- distribute single copies of single articles, or parts thereof, of the Licensed Material in print or electronic form to other Authorized Users for Educational purposes. This shall include the distribution of a copy for teaching purposes to each individual student Authorised User taking part in a course at the Member’s institution.
- distribute single copies of single articles, or parts thereof, of the Licensed Material in print or electronic form to third party colleagues for the purposes of non-commercial scientific research and communication or to be used for the basis of discussion groups. Sharing with non-authorised users shall be incidental and not for re-transmission.
- publicly display or publicly perform parts of the Licensed Material as part of a presentation at a seminar, conference, or workshop, or other such similar activity.
- incorporate parts of the Licensed Material authored by such Authorized User in printed or electronic form in such Authorized User's academic works, including reproductions of the academic works solely for personal use and library deposit and reproductions in printed or electronic form of academic works may be provided to sponsors of such academic works, provided that such sponsors shall not be permitted to redistribute such reproductions. Each item shall carry appropriate acknowledgement of the source, listing title and copyright owner.
Teaching staff accredited to the subscriber organization may
- incorporate parts of the Licensed Material in printed and electronic course packs, study packs, resource lists and in any other material (including but not limited to multi-media works) to be used in the course of instruction and/or in virtual and managed environments (including but not limited to virtual learning environments, managed learning environments, virtual research environments and library environments) hosted on a secure Network. Each item shall carry appropriate acknowledgement of the source, listing title and copyright owner. Course packs in non-electronic non-print perceptible form, such as Braille, may also be offered to Authorised Users who, in the reasonable opinion of the organisation, are reading impaired.
The Licensor’s explicit written permission must be obtained in order to use the Licensed Material for data or text mining purposes.
Except as expressly permitted in above it is prohibited to
- sell, distribute, license, rent or otherwise exploit the Licensed Material, or any element of it, for any commercial purpose;
- make the Licensed Material, or any element of it, available by any means to persons other than Authorised Users;
- make the Licensed Material, or any element of it, available on, or by, electronic bulletin boards, news groups, Web sites, FTP or any other means of posting or transmitting material on the Internet, an on-line service or wide area network save as permitted elsewhere in this Agreement ;
remove or obscure the Licensor's copyright notice from the Licensed Material including hard-copy print-outs;
- use the Licensed Material to create any derivative work, product or service, or merge the Licensed Material with any other product, database, or service;
- alter, amend, modify, translate, or change the Licensed Material;
- undertake any activity that may have a damaging effect on the Licensor's ability to achieve revenue through selling and marketing the Licensed Material;
- otherwise use the Licensed Material supplied in accordance with this Agreement in a manner that would infringe the copyright or other proprietary rights contained within it;-
- make the Licensed Material or any part of it available by remote access to any person other than Authorised Users; or
- make mass, automated or systematic extractions from or hard copy storage of the Licensed Material.
Authorized users (students, members of faculty and staff) are allowed remote access to the licensed material by logging into the secure network of the subscribing organisation.