- current members of the faculty, staff, affiliated researchers, docents and contractors of the Licensee (whether on a permanent, temporary, contract or visiting basis)
- outsourced faculty and/or staff previously employed by the Licensee in their performance of services for and on behalf of the Licensee only
- individuals who are currently studying at the Licensee’s institution
Walk-in Users are persons who are not Authorized Users but who are permitted to access the Secure Network from computer terminals or otherwise within the physical premises of the Licensee. Walk-In Users may not be given means to access the Licensed Material when they are not within the physical premises of the Licensee. For the avoidance of doubt, Walk-In Users may not be given access to the Licensed Material by any wireless network provided by the Licensee unless such a network is a Secure Network.
Authorized Users and Walk-in-Users may:
- Search, retrieve, download, view and display the Licensed Material.
- Electronically save copies of parts of the Licensed Material.
- Print off single copies of parts of Licensed Material.
- Distribute single copies of parts of the Licensed Material in print or electronic form including email to third parties outside the Licensee for the purposes of scientific research and communication or to be used for the basis of discussion groups.
- Use the Licensed Material to perform and engage in Text and Data mining activities.
- Reading impaired Authorized and Walk-in-Users may use Braille displays, voice synthesizers and other devices to enable use of the Licensed Material.
Authorized users may:
- Make a reasonable number of photocopies of parts of the Licensed Material.
- Distribute parts of the Licensed Material in print or electronic form including email to other Authorized and Walk-in-Users. This shall include the distribution of a copy for teaching purposes to each individual student Authorized User taking part in a course at the Licensee’s institution.
- Incorporate parts of the Licensed Material in printed and electronic course packs, study packs, resource lists and in any other material (including but not limited to multi-media works) to be used in the course of instruction and/or in virtual and managed environments (including but not limited to virtual learning environments, managed learning environments, virtual research environments and library environments) hosted on a Secure Network. Each item shall carry appropriate acknowledgement of the source, listing title and copyright owner. Course packs in non-electronic non-print perceptible form, such as Braille, may also be offered to Authorized Users who, in the reasonable opinion of the Licensee, are reading impaired.
- Publicly display or publicly perform parts of the Licensed Material as part of a presentation at a seminar, conference, or workshop, or other such similar activity.
The Licensee, Authorized Users or Walk-In-Users may not:
-Permit anyone other than Authorized or Walk-In-Users to access or use the Licensed Material, save as permitted in this Agreement
-Systematically make printed or electronic copies of multiple extracts of the Licensed Material save as permitted in this Agreement.
-Display or distribute any part of the Licensed Material on any electronic network, including without limitation the Internet and the World Wide Web, other than a Secure Network save as permitted in this Agreement.
-Use the whole or any part of the Licensed Material for any Commercial Use or any purpose other than Educational and/or administrative purposes.
-Remove or alter the authors’ names or the Licensor’s copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the Licensed Material save as permitted in this Agreement.
-Publish, distribute or make available the Licensed Material, works based on the Licensed Material or works which combine it with any other material, save as permitted in this Agreement.
-Alter, abridge, adapt or modify the Licensed Material, except to the extent necessary to make it perceptible on a screen, to Authorized and Walk-in Users save as permitted in this agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, no alteration of the words or their order is permitted.
Remote access is permitted for Authorized Users. It is not permitted for walk-in-users.