Ulrichsweb.com is the authoritative source of bibliographic and publisher information on more than 300,000 periodicals of all types — academic and scholarly journals, Open Access publications, peer-reviewed titles, popular magazines, newspapers and newsletters.
a) Authorized Users:
- For academic organizations and other schools: Current members of the faculty and other staff of the Licensee (whether on a permanent, temporary, contract or visiting basis), retired members of staff and individuals who are currently studying at the Licensee institution.
- For public libraries: library staff wherever situated, retired members of staff; library card holders who are citizens of or are domiciled in Finland; exchange students or other individuals during the period that they temporarily reside in Finland
- For other Consortium member organizations: Current members of the research and other staff of the Licensee whether on a permanent, temporary, contract or visiting basis.
b) Walk-in Users: Persons who are not Authorized Users but who are permitted to access the Secure Network from computer terminals or otherwise within the Licensee’s premises.
The Materials may be used for the purpose of education, teaching, distance learning, private study, scientific or other research.
Licensee, Authorized and Walk-in Users may:
- display, download, print and electronically save Materials
- send occasional references from the Materials to other Authorized Users and third party colleagues and other researchers for the purposes of scientific research and communication, provided, however, that Authorized and Walk-in-Users shall include all copyright and other proprietary rights notices with such occasional references in the same form in which the notices appear in the Materials.
Only Authorized Users may:
- refer to (and include insubstantial excerpts of) Materials provided hereunder in professional writings, provided that Licensee and Authorized users retain all copyright and other proprietary notices placed on the Materials by Service provider or its licensors.
- display, download, save electronically, print and distribute (also on the Licensee’s public website) Service provider's trademarks, logos and screenshots and insubstantial parts of the Materials from the Product for the purpose of internal marketing or testing or for training Authorized and Walk-in-Users.
Neither the Licensee nor Authorised or Walk-in Users may:
- post materials from Ulrichsweb.com to newsgroups, mail lists or electronic bulletin boards without the prior written consent of the Service provider
- remove or alter the authors’ names or the Publisher’s copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the Materials;
- systematically make print or electronic copies of multiple extracts of the Materials for any purpose save as provided in the agreement.
- mount or distribute any part of the Materials on any electronic network, including the Internet and the World Wide Web, other than the Secure Network, save as provided in the Agreement.
Service provider's explicit written permission must be obtained in order to:
- use the whole or any part of the Materials for any Commercial Use; for avoidance of doubt, for example use by the Licensee or by Authorized or Walk-In-Users of the Materials in the course of research performed under the auspices of academic organization, other schools or other Consortium member even if funded by a commercial organization, is not deemed to constitute Commercial Use;
- systematically distribute the whole or any part of the Materials to anyone other than Authorised and Walk-in Users;
- publish, distribute or make available the Material, works based on the Materials or works which combine them with any other material, save as provided in the Agreement;
- alter, abridge, adapt or modify the Materials, except to the extent necessary to make them perceptible on a computer screen to Authorised and Walk-in-Users and save as provided in the Agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, no alteration of the words or their order is permitted.
Remote access is permitted for Authorized Users via the Licensee institution's secure network.